The 22 oz. portable Sport Berkey® Bottle is durable, handy and convenient; ideal for use when on the go such as driving, camping, exercise, backpacking, travel, and during unexpected emergencies.
The bottle’s filter is designed to remove and/or dramatically reduce a vast array of health-threatening contaminants from questionable sources of water, including remote lakes and streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries where regulations may be sub-standard at best.
As of February 18th, 2016, the Sport Berkey’s sold here are a New Version with a larger straw for a better flow rate. The old and new Sport Berkey’s and their replacement filters are not compatible. Although replacement filters for your Sport Berkey purchased here before February 18th, 2016 are no longer manufactured, Safe Water Canada still has some stock on these.
- Includes 1 Sport Berkey®
- 22 oz – 600 ml
- Sport Berkey® Bottle Refill Capacity:
-Raw and Untreated Water: ~160 refills.
-Municipal Tap Water: ~640 refills.
- Bottle is constructed from a non-leaching, LDPE #4 medical grade polymer, which is BPA Free.
- Uses the same filtration medium as the larger Black Berkey® Purification Element.
- The Sport Berkey® Bottle has a storage shelf life of 50 years.
- To Use: Just fill, squeeze and drink clean refreshing water.
- Do not allow Sport Berkey® Bottle to freeze, do not place in microwave oven and do not run hot water through the filter.
- NOT to be used with salt water
- NOTE:Do not store the filled bottle on its side or upside down as air release valve in the cap can leak water.
The Sport Berkey® Water Bottle Eliminates or Reduces up to 99.9% of:
*Unpleasant taste and odours, cloudiness, silt, sediment, and chlorine.
* Toxic chemicals: Trihalomethanes, VOCs, detergents, pesticides, etc.
* Harmful microscopic pathogens: Cryptosporidium, Giardia, E-coli >99.99999% and other pathogenic bacteria.
* Heavy metals: Aluminum, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Lead, and Mercury.
* Radiological: Radon 222
- The Sport Berkey® Water Bottle Utilizes: IONIC ADSORPTION MICRO FILTRATION
This advanced technology was developed, refined, and proven through diligent, investigative research and testing performed by water purification specialists, researchers, and engineers. The media within the filter element removes contaminants by a surface phenomenon known as “adsorption” which results from the molecular attraction of substances to the surface of the media. As the bottle is pressed, the source water is forced through the filter. The quality and volume of media used, determine the rate of adsorption. The flow rate or time of exposure through the filter has been calculated to yield the greatest volume removal of toxic chemicals caused by pollution from industry and agriculture. This exclusive filter element is impregnated with proprietary “absorbing” media that promotes IONIC “absorption” of pollutants within the micro-porous element, such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, and other dangerous heavy metals.
The “Tortuous Path” structure of these pores gives it its unique characteristics. The Sport Berkey® Water Bottle offers a convenient and portable filtration system using medical grade technology.
Note: If using a source of water that might contain extreme bacteriological or viral contamination, it is recommended that two drops of plain chlorinated bleach or iodine be added to each refill before filtering. This will kill minute pathogens such as viruses. The disinfectant will then be filtered from the water entirely removing its odour, colour, and taste.
Care and Use
Fill the Sport Berkey® Water Bottle with water, screw on cap and tighten securely to eliminate leaks. Flush water through the filter by pulling down lever, so that straw is exposed, and squeeze water through filter & out the straw. Repeat this flushing process twice before drinking. This removes excess process dust from the filter. After 2 flushes, rinse the bottle & cap. Your filter bottle is now ready for use. NOTE: Do not store the filled bottle on its side or upside down as air release valve in the cap can leak water. Enjoy!